The club colours are burgundy and royal blue.
One rally a month is run, commencing with "signup and gear check" at 9.50am. The club occassionally runs special horse related events, overnight camps, working bees and our members compete in Inter pony club competitions.
A rally is a day of instruction undertaken for club members at the club.
Rallies commence at 9.50am with all horses saddled being "gear checked". Morning lessons usually incorporate flat work.
A lunch break incorporates a meeting of all members with pony club information being presented.
The rally uniform is as follows:
- Riding helmet VG1, AS/NZS A3838 or EN1384 (manufactured before 2016)
- Approved riding shoes (heel and smooth soled)
- Beige or blue jodphurs
- White collared shirt or burgundy polo top
- D'Entrecasteaux Pony club jumper or rugby top
Attending a rally you should bring the following items for your horse:
- bucket for water
- feed (if required), haynet and hay
- bridle with an approved bit
- pony club coloured saddle blacket
- any approved leg bandages used
- rugs if cold
- grooming gear
- headstall and lead rope
- basic 1st aid kit
Rally cap is paid to cover each rally instruction.
Remember to look after your horse as he is working hard for you.
Emma and Slate